The Reedsburg Public Library welcomes gifts of library materials, money or real property. These gifts help enrich and improve public library resources.
1. Monetary contributions are added to the Library's Gift Fund, which is allocated by the Library Board for purchase of materials or programs too expensive or specialized for the operating budget.
2. Memorial gifts of money, books or other library materials may be donated in honor of a friend or relative, and are marked with a special bookplate. A Memorial and Honor Program (PDF) should be completed. The Library will be pleased to select appropriate titles in memory of a relative or friend.
3. Used books and paperbacks can often be used in the library's collection. Items not needed by the library are sold at a book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Reedsburg Public Library.
4. Generally, the Library does not accept textbooks, or books in poor physical condition. The Library reserves the right to refuse donations if the Library Director determines they are not of use to the Library.
5. The Library applies the same criteria for evaluating gift items as it applies to purchased material. Gifts will be withdrawn in the same manner as purchased material. The Library does not accept responsibility for notifying donors of withdrawal or replacement of gift items.
6. All gifts are tax deductible. A receipt for donation of materials will be provided upon request. The Library does not place a financial value on materials received. For artwork, rarities or other materials of value a gift donation form may be requested and kept on file.
7. No gifts are accepted unless given to the Library without restriction. All gifts may be utilized, sold or disposed of in the best interest of the Library.