Library Tour Policy
The staff of the Reedsburg Public Library welcomes school groups and civic organizations to visit the library in order to provide an appropriate introduction to the library facility, policies and the many materials, services and resources the library has to offer. In order to provide the greatest level of services, group visits should adhere to the following scheduling and behavior guidelines:
- The Youth Services Librarian shall schedule and provide tours for preschool and school age children. The Director or Assistant Director shall schedule tours for adult groups.
- All tours must be scheduled at least 1 week in advance of visit.
- All visits and tours will be scheduled during the library’s regular hours of operation, on a first-come, first-served basis preferably when no other library programs are scheduled to take place. The Library reserves the right to restrict scheduling during the busiest hours of operation as well as the size and number of tours so as not to interfere with the regular operations of the library.
- All groups must be appropriately supervised. Chaperones are responsible for the group’s personal belongings during the visit as well as maintaining order so that the group is not disruptive to other patrons or to the normal operations of the library.
- Library card applications may be picked up at the library or printed from the library webpage. Completed forms must be returned three working days prior to the scheduled visit in order to ensure the cards will be ready for distribution.
- Groups that plan on visiting the library but do not require the assistance of the library staff are encouraged to call ahead and inform the library of their visit.
- In the event that school is canceled due to weather emergency, all library-sponsored programs will be canceled