At the Reedsburg Public Library, we offer various reading programs or challenges throughout the year for all ages. Our goal is to help create a positive sense of community around the fun and engaging activity of reading. Join others in your communnity for, #ReedsburgReads!
Beanstack is our free online service for participating online in these challenges! Track reading progress by logging in at our unique, local site (reedsburglibrary.beanstack.org) to participate in current and future challenges. Beanstack is an easy and useful tool for you and/or your family to discover books, keep track of reading and other activities, and be motivated to reach your reading goals. It is also a great tool for writing and reading book reviews from others in our community.
Science shows that reading to your child is of great developmental significance. Not only does it prepare your child for future literacy success, but also helps create a bond with you. This bond begins as early as infancy! For Babies Bloom, read 100 books with your baby before he or she turns one, log your reading in Beanstack, and earn a set of virtual badges. This challenge will give you a great start on 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten encourages you to read 1,000 books with your child before he or she enters Kindergarten--a goal which experts say helps children as they eventually learn to read independently. Reading together helps develop important pre-reading skills that provide a solid literacy foundation, which is not only the key to learning how to read but also for other learning success. Log your reading in Beanstack and earn badges (and prizes) all along the way!
Examples of other possible Beanstack Challenges:
- Seasonal Reading Challenges for all-ages, to encourage year-round literacy
- Summer Reading Challenges
- "Back to School" Reading Challenge (Through September)
- "Fall Into Reading" Challenge (Through October)
- Winter Reading Challenge (TBD)
- And more!
- Other Reading Challenges to help you read outside the box
- "10 to Try in 2020" Genre Reading Challenge (Through 2020)
- Award Book Reading Challenges(TBD)
- And more!
- Activity-based Challenges to promote community and broaden horizons
- 20 Poems Scavenger Hunt (Through October)
- Virtual Field Trips Challenge (Through 2020)
- And more!
For more information and to register for our Beanstack challenges, visit Beanstack, available 24/7, on your computer or mobile device or log-in through the app (iOS or Android).