Helpful Library Services:
- Web & Wireless Printing - click the link to upload documents to be sent to the libraries printer. Print jobs will be held for 24 hours
- AV Equipment - Sewing machines, Display easels, Projectors-- oh my! See the form for more information.
- Test Proctoring - if you are doing an online class that required a proctor, check with the library to see if we would be available to proctor!
- Outer-library loan - our library system doesn't have the out of print book you need for your upcoming unit? Check with the library to see if we can get it shipped in from another library. (we've gotten books from as far away as a library in Alaska!)
- Room Reservations - whether it is a study room for just your family to get work done outside of the house or if you'd like to gather multiple families, reserve a room ahead of time for your needs
- See more library services here
Non-Library Homeschooling Resources:
- Rather than recreating the wheel, the Spring Green Public Library has an extensive list on their website to help you connect with various resources for/about homeschooling.
- In addition to their list, there is a Reedsburg Area Homeschool Group on Facebook, for families look specifically in Reedsburg for community and other activities. And a Secular Homeschoolers of Southwest Wisconsin Facebook group, too, that some local families post in.
- A favorite among homeschooling families in the area, the McWilliams Heritage Farm, Folk, & Forest School offers an "outdoor educational enrichment program" for "under school age children and homeschool families."
- Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any specific questions about resources in the area!
Online Library Resources:
- Encyclopedia Britannica - a good old-fashioned, curated encyclopedia ready to be cited in your student's next research paper
- Teaching Books - if you're looking for more ways to build up your literature-based lesson plans check here!
- Transparent Languages - want to incorporate a foreign language into your homeschool curriculum? This is the resource for you! With over 110 languages, for free, you're sure to find the right fit for your student(s)
- Hoopla & Libby/Wisconsin's Digital Library - two great apps/sites for finding last-minute eBooks and audiobooks when you're in a pinch or on-the-go
- Novelist Plus - your child LOVES the Ramona Quimby series but is quickly running out of books in the series; no worries! Find author, series, or title read-alikes to keep the reading going!
- See more online resources here
More useful library offerings:
- Seems like a no-brainer, but have you thought about getting your students library cards? With your permission/oversight all ages are welcome to sign up!
- LINKcat - log in with your library card number and PIN (call to ask us if you don't remember!) to place holds, renew items, and more! Look for the LINKcat app in your device's app store for an even more convenient way to manage your library card.
- Secure Lockers - perfect for after (or before) hours pick-up of hold items
- Library programs for all ages: https://reedsburg.librarycalendar.com/events/month
- Beanstack Tracker App - the perfect way to not only participate in library reading challenges but also a great motivator to read a little every day. Contains a reading timer, a barcode scanner (for fast logging of books), and more!
- Reedsburg Storytime Blog - a handy spot where we have an archive of books we've read (as well as other things) in our Baby & Toddler, Preschool, & Family Storytimes.
- Wisconsin Authors - a goodreads list of books by some of Miss Jess' favorite Wisconsin Authors.
- Fractured Fairy Tales - great for having sparking lists of comparing and contrasting, as well as just some really funny twists on beloved tales.
- Women's History Month - some fantastic biographies on women who have achieved great things for humanity, from science to music and more!
- Don't ever hesitate to reach out for help researching booklists! While we can make lists of books we love, you know best what is suitable for your family/your schooling. But we can help!
Hope to see you around the library!